Tag Archives: Dawson’s Creek
The Snarky Games
In a world where snarky teenage kids are portrayed in popular culture more often than Pepsi product placement, it has become clear that something must be done. So finally Miramax has stood up for the common man and pitted the 12 most snarky kids together in a fight for the sarcastic title character and a two movie sequel deal. In an arena where words are more valuable than food- who will make it out alive? Will Juno use her fast talking, don’t care about nothing attitude to beat out Scott Pilgrim and his adorkable ability to tell me that he’s in lesbians with me and I totally fall for it? Or will Stewie from Family Guy remain victorious over Pacey from Dawson’s Creek (is that too outdated of a reference)? So many quips, so many references, so little audience reach.
The Snarky Games is a pathetic attempt to draw on the crowd of the Hunger Games for blog views because in only a short 8 days I will have finished my year long blogging venture and then where will I be? WHERE?
200 Days of Blogging (Mostly) For Your Enjoyment
It has been 200 days, faithful readers. Yeah, I’ll admit it- I didn’t think it would last this long either but here we are. So as any good blog should do, instead of writing new material I’m just going to give you a chance to read all the other GREAT posts and yeah, the fairly terrible ones too. Enjoy! or don’t! but do! cause there are a lot of posts about robots and dinosaurs.
- ALWAYS PRE-APPROVED, NEVER APPROVED.
- CONTRARY TO POPULAR BELIEF, ALIENS DON’T UNDERSTAND MATH: THE PUTTY STORY
- ABE LINCOLN: HERO OR HAT ENTHUSIAST?
- MAMBO IS FOR MURDER
- SUBURBAN PNEUMONIA
- MY YEAR WITH WHITESNAKE
- MY LIFE: A NEW MUSICAL: IN THE KEY OF AWESOME
- VHS STORY
- ALEX TREBEC? MORE LIKE ALEX TREDOUCHE.
- MICHELL’ KELLER AND THE TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, NO GOOD, VERY BAD DAY
- IS VIOLENCE WRONG IF IT IS TOTALLY JUSTIFIED?
- WINNING, DUH.
- SATURDAY MORNING CARTOONS
- (WHITE) ((FEMALE)) RAPPER’S LAMENT*
- BALD EAGLE SPEAKS OUT IN SUPPORT OF GAY MARRIAGE DURING FREEDOM WEEK AT GEORGE H.W. BUSH ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
- BIT MITTLER: FABULIST
- THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF MUSIC: A FIRST HAND ACCOUNT OF THE HORRORS OF LIVING BY A SINGING HILL
- THE CANDY MAN CAN’T
- EITHER MY APARTMENT IS HAUNTED OR I’M TOTALLY STONED
- THE SLIGHTLY LESS CURIOUS CASE OF REVERSE BEN BUTTONISM
- OVARIES BEFORE BROVARIES
- YOU MAY NOT KNOW IT, BUT WE’RE IN A FIGHT: TALES FROM YOUR PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE FRIEND
- EGGCELENT: PETER COTTONTAIL’S FIRST EASTER
- WHY DON’T WE DO IT IN THE ROAD? …I CAN THINK OF ABOUT 1000 REASONS WHY NOT.
- IF YOU HAD TO CHOOSE: A THESIS ON THE PERILS OF MEANINGLESS CHOICES AND JUST HOW MUCH INFLUENCES THESE CHOICES HAVE ON OUR MORAL DEVELOPMENT
- TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT!… AND OTHER REASONS NOT-AMERICA HATES AMERICA
- PRESENT ME WANTS TO SLAP FUTURE YOU
- THE ROYAL WEDDING: AMERICA EDITION
- WE BOTH LIVE HERE AND I’M DOING ALL THE WORK: AN OPEN LETTER TO MY CAT
- MY ALLERGIES ARE TRYING TO KILL ME…AND NOT SOFTLY.
- TALES FROM A DEPRESSED, ANTHROPOMORPHIZED HIPPO
- I WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE ACADEMY…
- MOBSTERS OF FOLK: DANGEROUSLY CHILL
- JANET: UPSIDE-DOWN
- WOULD IT BE WEIRD IF I WANTED TO STEAL THAT KID AND RAISE HIM AS MY OWN? …AND OTHER REASONS I’M SUPPRESSING MY BIOLOGICAL CLOCK.
- SANTA CLAUS
- MAMA WHO BORE ME
- A DAY WITH MY SPIRIT ANIMAL
- THERE IS SUCH A THING AS A STUPID QUESTION.
- DON’T PANIC
- WRITERS BLOCK
- MRS. BIGGINS SPEAKS OUT AGAINST NECROPHILIA THROUGH VAMPIRE OBSESSION.
- ATTACK OF THE KILLER BOREDOM
- WHO YA GONNA CALL? …MY MOM!
- MAKE LIKE A TREE AND GET OUT OF HERE: THE BIFF TANNEN STORY.
- THE FIVE YEAR EPIPHANY
- GLITCH IN THE MATRIX: PREGNANT EDITION
- NON-CONFRONTATIONAL MAN
- I CAN DO THAT!
- ONE BUG’S LIFE
- THE LAST PLACE YOU LOOK.
- IF I HAD $1,000,000…
- NOT PATRICK SWAYZE
- 99 PROBLEMS: THE RAY-Z STORY
- SAVED BY THE BELL: THE MIDDLE AGED YEARS
- IS IT CONSIDERED MURDER IF I GO BACK IN TIME AND KEEP YOU FROM BEING BORN? (ASKING FOR A FRIEND)
- FRANKLIN THE FEATHER
- FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT TO PARTY
- SGFSWAGASJAMLI: SUPPORT GROUP FOR SUPERHERO WIVES AND GIRLFRIENDS AND SOMETIMES JUST A MINOR LOVE INTEREST
- HOMEWARD BOUND: THE INCREDIBLE MUSICAL JOURNEY
- WILL YOU GO PEE FOR ME?
- THE END OF THE BEGINNING.
- 10,000 NIGHTS: A LIGHTNING’S LOVE LETTER TO THUNDER
- ADULTERY AND BASTARD CHILDREN: AN AMERICAN PASTIME
- THE WIZARD OF ODD
- AN OPEN LOVE LETTER TO FOX NEWS FROM THE SIDE OF ME THAT LOVES WATCHING YOU FAIL
- E! TRUE HOLLYWOOD STORY: THE CALIFORNIA RAISINS
- COME BACK TO TEXAS: NBA FINALS EDITION
- THE PERFECT SPACE*
- ANNIE 2: LOST IN LONDON
- ELMO AFTER DARK: YOU! ME! DANCING!
- THE MANY ANNOYANCES OF CALLIOPE JONES
- IF MY HEART WERE A HOUSE, YOU’D BE HOME
- MAD LIBS: Rejected Book Plot Edition
- WALKING IN LOS ANGELES
- SUMMER OF 2169
- YOU CAN’T SPELL FATHER WITHOUT HAT…IF YOU REARRANGE THE LETTERS…
- THE OFTEN UNIQUE AND RARELY EFFECTIVE TEACHINGS OF MR. JONES
- BRAD AND JANET GO TO COUPLES THERAPY: SESSION 1
- THE ADVENTURES OF SPEEDY THE SECOND AND GLADYS THE IPOD
- GRANDMA AND GRANDPA GIVE THEIR GRANDCHILDREN CONFUSING ADVICE THROUGH OLD TIMEY SONGS
- WORKING FOR THE WEEKEND
- STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS
- FRANKENSTEIN GOES TO THE PROM
- WOLVERINE BOY
- STUTTER ISLAND
- THE GIRL WITH THE OVERDRAFT BANK ACCOUNT
- LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE: JULY, JULY!
- CHRISTOPHER ROBIN EXPLAINS THE RECESSION TO EVERYONE IN THE HUNDRED ACRE WOODS
- LOST: OCEANIC FLIGHT 815: THE ORIGIN STORY
- THOMAS JEFFERSON’S WIFE LECTURES HIM FOR HAVING SMALL HANDWRITING
- Gay Marriage Will Lead To Classic Songs Being Re-imagined For Same Gender Affections: A Republican’s Fear
- DIM DEMOLISHING DEXTER
- THE ARIZONA HABOOB DEFENDS ITSELF TO ANGRY COMMUNITIES
- SHE-HULK: PMS EDITION
- REJECTED BOOK PLOTS: THE CLIP SHOW EDITION
- BILLY THE COMEBACK KID
- MONDAY MORNING
- SAM BEGS TO BE TAKEN HOME: A MODERN LOVE STORY
- BEETLEJUICE ORIGINS: BARBARA AND ADAM MAITLAND
- TV’S SADDEST AND/OR MOST SHOCKING DEATHS VOL. 1
- BATMAN: THE MUSICAL!
- O SISTER, WHERE ART THOU?
- USA VS JAPAN: SOCCER EDITION
- NOTHING EVER HAPPENS ON MARS 2
- MURDER ON THE 3RD FLOOR
- REFLECTION DAY
- ALBERT’S ABYSS
- THE NEVER NEVERENDING STORY
- THE BALLAD OF LOVE AND HATE
- IN ANOTHER LIFE, WHEN WE’RE BOTH CATS
- FOREVER 27 CLUB
- THE DAY THE MUSIC DIED…
- KISS QUICK: THE UNTOLD AURORA TALE
- YEAH, I’M IN LOVE WITH AN ANDROID
- LIKE A BOSS
- LOOK WHO’S TALKING…AGAIN
- WEED CARD
- SWEET VALLEY HAPPY DAYS
- DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES: YOUNGER EDITION
- ANGELS IN THE BACKCOURT
- PETER PAN THEORY: AND OTHER WAYS TO NEVER GROW UP
- YOU AND ME: THE PEANUT BUTTER AND CHOCOLATE STORY
- JOSEPHINE: MY TRANSGENDERED NEIGHBOR
- SKINNY LOVE: CONFESSIONS OF AN OVERWEIGHT DRAMA QUEEN
- MY GRANDMOTHER, THE RECOVERING ALCOHOLIC, WATCHING AN EPISODE OF CHEERS
- THEME SONGS FOR SPIN-OFF CHARACTERS FROM ENSEMBLE SHOWS VOL. 1
- DANCE ‘TILL THE MORNING LIGHT
- MY INAPPROPRIATE LOVE LETTER TO ZACH BRAFF
- I’m going to be honest with you dearest internet, this is how my apartment looks at the moment
- MY BMF IS WAY BETTER THAN YOUR BFF: BIRTHDAY EDITION
- COCOON 3: DIRTY DANCING EDITION
- DON’T PANIC: UP IN THE AIR EDITION
- GOB: Life After Arrested Development
- KICK DRUM HEART
- AN OPEN LETTER TO JOEY POTTER SEASON ONE: BE LESS RUDE
- FREE WILLY 4: EUTHANASIA EDITION
- ROBOT PARADE
- HELLO, SUNSHINE
- KING OF THE WORLD
- NEW YORK I LOVE YOU, BUT YOU’RE BRINGING ME DOWN
- I HOPE THAT SOMETHING BETTER COMES ALONG
- OVERPOPULATION, UNDER-ORGAN GROWTH
- HUMPTY DUMPTY: THE WONDER YEARS
- YOU CALL THAT A HURRICANE?
- THE HUNGRY GAMES
- PEN PALS
- BUDDY HOLLY, I LOVE YOU
- TWO DOLLARS
- FREE COFFEE TOWN
- LABOR DAY
- OWL’S WELL THAT ENDS WELL
- BACK TO THE NINTENDO
- THAT GUY
- KERMIT GOES TO THE DOCTOR
- DEARLY DEVIOUS DEX DEVOURS DAVID
- NEVER FORGET
- DEBBIE DOWNER GOES TO CHRISTMAS DINNER
- GOOD MORNING, COFFEE POT
- ENTOURAGE: THE FINAL FINALITY UNTIL THE INEVITABLE MOVIE: TURTLE EDITION
- NO SLEEP FOR YOU! TALES FROM THE SOUP NAZI’S BROTHER: SLEEP NAZI
- ROBOTS NEED LOVE TOO
- KAREN OR THE GIRL WHO WOULD ALWAYS COMPARE HER PEE TIMES TO MOVIES
- TIME’S UP
- LAST CHANCE
- LET’S GO TO THE MALL: BLACK FRIDAY EDITION
- DEAR PRUDENCE: THE FIRST DRAFT
- JUNO: THE ORIGINAL TEEN MOM (BUT LIKE AN IRONIC VERSION)
- HOTEL NÚMERO UNO
- MR. HOPE: THE ANXIETY FILLED HIPPO
- THE INDIE QUEENS ARE WAITING
- EXTREMELY LOUD AND INCREDIBLY CLOSE 2: STILL LOUD. STILL CLOSE.
- JURASSIC PARK 4: EVERYTHING IS COOL NOW, I SWEARZIES
- MAD (WO)MAN
- A LESS HEARTBREAKING WORK OF EXAGGERATED GENIUS
- FOREVER COLLEGE
- SAY ANYTHING 2
- CAPTAIN OBVIOUS: VOLUME 1
- PAN AM
- THE ENLIGHTENED
- RIP PLAYBOY CLUB
- GEORGE THE GEICO GECKO
- THE GIVING TREE GOES TO HAPPY HOUR, HAS ONE TOO MANY AND LET’S THE OTHER TREES KNOW WHAT’S ON HIS MIND
- THERE’S ALWAYS MONEY IN THE BANANA STAND
- FEMALES: THE ORIGINAL WEREWOLVES
- MEET THE HANKS’
- COMFORTABLE SILENCE
- DEXTER: THE CHILDREN’S BOOK
- THE SADNESS PARADOX
- THE (NOT SO) LITTLE RASCALS
- A PACK OF LIONS WATCH THE LION KING 3D ONLY TO REALIZE HOW UNREALISTIC IT IS… IN 2D
An Open Letter To Joey Potter Season One: Be Less Rude
I know you’re full of teenage angst (who isn’t?) but why must you be so effing rude? Jen has done nothing but try and befriend you the last ten episodes and you’ve done nothing more than call her a sphincter and shoot her dirty looks. I know you don’t know this now, but she’s gonna die young- give her a break. Also, stop pining for Dawson, he needs a haircut and his eyebrows are huge! I know the film geek thing seems charming and he is your boy next door, well across the creek, but he is not for you. He doesn’t have the confidence you deserve nor does he challenge you in the way others do. Speaking of others, next season you’re gonna meet a guy named Jack. Do not break Dawson’s heart for Jack- trust me: you’re not his type. Wait for the right guy to come along (Seasons 3 and 4) the right guy for you is Pacey. Just believe me on this, Joey. Until the day comes along when you realize this for yourself, do me a solid- be less rude! It isn’t an adorable quality, you’re only going to have this role to separate you from the crazy antics that happen after you leave the creek so be the best Joey you can be ’cause you won’t always be the best Katie Holmes you can be.
Everyone but my little cousin who wrongly believes she belongs with Dawson. (I know, right?!?!)
TV’s Saddest and/or Most Shocking Deaths Vol. 1
I’ve spent the better part of the last and a half week re-watching LOST from the beginning and it hit me: there is no one I love on that show they won’t kill off (). So it got me thinking about other TV deaths and the ones that both saddened and shocked me, here is a list of a few in no particular order of sadness. (It was a slow rejected book plot day, I am still mourning the loss of Charlie but at least I have Desmond as my constant.)
John Ritter on Scrubs and 8 Simple Rules
Why was it so sad?
The man unexpectedly died in real life and Hollywood got to pay their final respects on-screen. If I wasn’t welling up when Zach Braff received a cake from his on-screen brother, Tom Cavanagh, before being told his father was dead on Scrubs, I was sure a mess when 8 Simple Rules had their funeral episode honoring the great legend.
Peter Krause: Six Feet Under
Why was it so sad?
Who surprisingly kills off a main character 3 episodes before the series finale? Alan Ball that’s who! Nate’s death lead to the best series finale I’ve ever seen but it caught me so off-guard, I was legitimately upset by it.
Julie Benz: Dexter
Why was it so sad?
Where to start? Dexter finally feels like he can be human and have this family, he takes out the Trinity Killer and then rushes home to meet Rita for a much deserved honeymoon and then bam! Rita is dead in the tub and his adorable baby is sitting in her blood, crying. Born in blood, just like him. I never saw it coming, even afterwards I was hoping it was a dream.
Emma Caulfield: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Why was it so sad?
You can’t expect to go through the Apocalypse without some causalities but this one hurt. Anya had grown so much from just your typical vengeance demon, she became someone you genuinely loved. Seeing her die to save her friends was great and beautiful TV.
T. R. Knight: Grey’s Anatomy
Why was it so sad?
There have been a lot of memorable Grey’s deaths but this was the first of the originals to bite the dust. Yes, the contract negotiations and public talks of him and Katherine Heigl wanting off the show were both unprofessional and a bit ridiculous but they handled his death in the only way Grey’s knows how: big and shocking.
Michelle Williams: Dawson’s Creek
Why was it so sad?
Poor Jen had been through so much in her short lifetime only to be killed off the in the final episodes of the series. With a flashforward you see she has a daughter and a short time to live. Dawson is making a video for her daughter for after she’s gone and Jack gets custody of the little one. This one wasn’t as shocking (like Dawson’s dad dying) as it was sad. I wanted my Creeker’s to live forever but least Joey and Pacey got together!